God Bless you all during these times.
Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. (Ephesians 6:10)
Grace, peace & gratitude, -David (for the shepherds) We’re pleased and honored that you are considering making Warrensburg Church of Christ your church home.
We want you to know that you are welcome, wanted, and needed!
Becoming a member is a simple but important process. We believe the Scriptures are clear: God wants all of His children to be an active part of a supportive and growing community of faith using their talents and gifts for His glory. (I Corinthians 12, Romans 12). The family of God is not for lone rangers; rather it is a place where all His children can learn from each other, where brothers and sisters in Christ can work together to accomplish God’s will, and where joys are spread and burdens are shared.
Being a member means you……
- Wish to identify yourself with the part of God’s family that meets in this place;
- Commit yourself to worshiping, serving, & fellowshipping with this family;
- Want to be part of a caring network of people and help one another grow;
- Respect the leadership and want to allow the shepherds to care for you;
- Are willing to go the same direction that we are going in doing God’s will in this specific time and place.
Who is membership for?
Those who. . .
- …have understood that we are saved by grace through faith (Titus 3:5),
- …have responded in faith to God by accepting Jesus Christ as His Son (John 3:16),
- …have publicly acknowledged Him as Lord and Savior (Romans 10:9-10),
- …been baptized by immersion as a believer (Matthew 28:19; Acts 2:38),
- …are learning to live like Jesus (Luke 6:40),
- …are committed to live a life of fellowship with other believers (Acts 2:42-47) and service to God and His will (Titus 2:11-14).
What if I just want to Worship? – You are welcome to come and worship God with us as often as you like, for as long as you choose, even if you don’t want to become a member. If you ever want to talk about what it means to be a member, contact one of the elders.